Sunday, 23 February 2014

Fruity Puddings


Day  54
 
Money Spent Today - £0  Vouchers/Points Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £28.59 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £25
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £25.41
 
I went a bit mad the other day, deciding to see how many desserts I could get from the frozen apple slices and blackberries in the freezer.  I decided to stop after I got to this many!!
 
The freezer is looking pretty healthy again too with these all stacked ready to use.
 


 
So now there are four 3 person portions and eight 2 person portions already to be topped with either a pastry lid or some of the crumble mix that also lurks in the freezer just waiting to be used.
 
So I think in the next few days I will splurge some of my vouchers or points or even some cash on some nice icecream to go with them.
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. What is your recipe for the crumble mix, Sue? I wouldn't have thought to make some extra up and freeze it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crumble mix I currently have in the freezer was a bulk buy from Approved Foods, tipped out of it's bags and frozen to stop it going even further out of date. But when I make my own I'm really VERY slapdash. A good mix would be flour, half it's weight in butter and a quarter it's weight of sugar, with added oats and sometimes chopped nuts.

    I love experimenting and I have never been disappointed :-)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.