Thursday, 13 February 2014

Fruit and Veg

 
Day  44
 
Money Spent Today - £8.30 Vouchers Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £23.74  Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £20.26
 
The fridge drawer was virtually empty, well there was a carrot in there and a sliver of an iceberg lettuce looking very sorry for itself.  The lettuce went to the chickens and the carrot was joined by this mass purchase of fruit and veg. 
 

]
 
I went into Asda to get some dried dog food and had a wander round.  The apples caught my eye, they just called me over tempting me with their luscious red skins, now I know why Snow White succumbed!!  Then one thing led to another and before I knew what I was doing I was feeding the 'serve yourself money grabbing till' a total of £8.30 from my purse.
 
Still it's a good looking shop and now the fridge drawer is looking decidedly healthier ... as will I once I have chomped my way through this lot.

 
These arrived in the post this morning and after seeing my money plummet by over eight pounds it was a relief to get just over that back in vouchers.  I have decided to get all my vouchers and points out and see just what I have available at the moment ready for use.
 
Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. The fruit and veg looks really healthy and appealing. I have just used most of my Boots points; I hardly shop there and thought I may as well use up the points. I have lots of Tesco and Nectar vouchers/points to use up, and have decided to save them for later in the year. We will be moving on to Dorset after our holiday, and once we are on the campsite working our outgoings will be minimal, so am hoping to fill the fridge and cupboards for a whole month and save the food allowance too. I know it is not the most efficient way of using these type of rewards, but my £2014 in 2014 will certainly need a boost in a couple of months' time after our holiday and motorhome repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well, Sue. I don't think I could go into Asda and just buy healthy fresh fruit and veg. I'm sure I'd too easily be tempted to buy other things too. Keep up the good work and enjoy your fruit and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are worse things you could have spent £8 on than lots of lovely fresh fruit and veg :) You're doing amazing with the challenge so far, keep up the great blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.