Thursday, 6 February 2014

Four Potatoes and Four Sausages

 
 
Day 37
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £11.01    Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Money left in purse  - £25.99
 
Remember the last four potatoes, well I finally used them up yesterday, I thought I better had as I had bought them way before Christmas, they still looked remarkably good, again they were stored in a nice cool, dry cupboard and in one of the Lakeland 'stay fresh' bags, I find these really do make a difference to the keeping times of most fruits and veggies.  I wash and reuse them over and over as well,  they are really tough.
 

 
Because they were so old I decided to peel them, I don't always do this preferring the rough texture, goodness and the fibre that leaving the peel on gives you.

 
Finding four Linda McC veggie sausages in the freezer made for a simple choice for tea.  Cooked in the oven on a layer of sliced half red onion ....


 
... and then drenched in onion gravy (the onions from the tray were taken out towards the end of the cooking time and added to the instant gravy mix), it made for a lovely filling tea.  And as you can see from the photo I've got another identical meal now tucked in the freezer.
 
Yesterday I shopped, I'll do the maths and show you what I bought tomorrow.
 
Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. Yum. Bangers and mash, proper comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those Lakeland bags must really make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great cheapo recipe for tired spuds is peel, cut into long slices about the thickness of very thin-sliced bread, rub with chilli oil and garlic and cook on a very hot ridged griddle pan for a snack or as an accompaniment (I hate the fast food word 'side'). Sounds like the challenge is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.