Monday, 17 February 2014

Real Luxuries

 
 
Day  48
 
Money Spent Today - £4.67 Vouchers Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £28.41 Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £19.59
 
We were out and about yesterday and I decided to pick up a four pint bottle of milk to top up all my single pint bottles, it's so much cheaper doing it this way and popping three of the re-filled bottles into the freezer for the next few weekends.  One pint of skimmed milk is 49p and a four pint bottle is £1 - so it's a real no brainer.
 
While I was there I gave in to temptation and bought a tub of double cream, I had decided to use two of the bananas to make Lovely Hubby a treat for Valentines weekend.

 
His favourite dessert Banoffee Pie .... as I already had a tin of Caramel Sauce, found earlier in the week at the very back of the cupboard, and one last ready made pastry base the cream was all I needed to produce this luxury dessert which did us for three servings each.  Total luxury :-)
 
We called to Bodnant Welsh Food on our way back from the shops as we wanted some information on keeping bees locally, they are home to the National Beekeeping Centre of Wales and LH is delighted to have such a brilliant resource right on our doorstep ready for when he takes up this addition to our self sufficiency repertoire.  While we were there we had a browse around the farm shop and as it was late in the day they were selling off the artisan breads 'Buy One Get One Free' so we did, and we chose a Tudor Loaf and a Beetroot Bread.
 
I'm not totally loving the Tudor Bread, it has a slightly weird after taste but the Beetroot one was fantastic, something I think I'll have to have a go at making myself.  It did make me think that I need to be a bit more adventurous with my breadmaking in the future.
 
So although I bought a couple of 'luxury items', the cream and the artisan bread I only actually spent £4.67 a real bargain I thought and a lovely treat for the weekend!!
 
Sue xx
 

1 comment:

  1. Have you had a go at No Knead Bread? That comes out like artisan bread, delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.