Thursday, 27 February 2014

Comparison Photos - 3



February
 

  
 January

Day  58
Money Spent Today - £0  Vouchers/Points Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £28.59 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £25
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £29.41
 
This 'not shopping' lark is actually getting easier and easier.  I can go into the supermarket and buy the pet food or whatever else it is I need and not feel a desire to pop into my trolley any of the normal things I might usually have been tempted by.  There is most definitely still 'a pull' towards the special offers, well I mean they are designed to make us want to pick them up aren't they.
 
Buy One Get One Free
Two for the Price of One
Buy Two Get One Free
20% Extra
50% Extra
Take Me Away I'm Virtually Free
Buy Me I Need to Live in Your House
 
Well I obviously made the last two up, but the supermarkets and more particularly the advertising and marketing guys really know how to pull us in, make us feel that we would be a mug not to take them up on this or that fantastic offer.  Well I used to be sucked in ... I even had a jar of Marmite in the cupboard .... we neither of us like or have ever liked Marmite for goodness sake!! (It's gone to the Foodbank now, someone somewhere will love it.)
 
Obviously the easiest way to avoid temptation is to stay away from the big supermarkets completely but these days this is getting harder and harder.  Although I think I really will start to support the smaller shops, the independent retailers and the markets whenever I possibly can again.
 
After all I managed to stay away for a long time in my year of 'Saying No to the Supermarkets' in 2012 and I enjoyed the challenge.
 
Sue xx


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about supermarkets, as you know I rarely go in any of the big stores preferring local shops and Lidl (occasionally) I had to go in the M store this week to do some shopping for my Nanna who's been ill and I got sucked in to buying stuff on offer for myself but what I did notice is how much more things cost in there if they aren't on offer. crisps particularly stuck out the ones I buy in a local store for 90p were double that(my ds can't have sweets etc so crisps are his treat but has to have ready salted as the only ones without additives)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.