Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Buns

 
 
Day  50
 
Money Spent Today - £0  Vouchers Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £28.41 Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £21.59
 
Sometimes I crave a sandwich filled to the max and full of flavour, when this urge comes over me it's time to have a rummage and see what bits and bobs there are in the fridge.
 
 
With all the salad bought last week this time it was easy to find something to make a sandwich filler out of and as there was some already defrosted grated cheese in the fridge a cheese salad filler was perfect, and although I usually cut everything up really small, this time I left things quite chunky.

 
Absolutely gorgeous and very filling.

 
Washed down with a black coffee this kept me full until way past teatime. 
 
As this used up the last of the brown rolls in the freezer I now have the dilemma of do I buy some more or stick with the homemade bread.  To be honest I have never been able to make rolls soft enough to compare with shop bought ones so I think I'll keep my eyes peeled for some bready bargains or splash out with the surplus of Nectar points I have and fill a big storage box in the freezer with rolls, after all a roll like this makes for a full meal for me and is ideal if I'm travelling to stave off those motorway service temptations.  Imagine what a bun like this would cost at the services!!
 
Sue xx
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. That looks lovely Sue, I dont tnink you would get a bun stuffed that full at the services no matter how much you paid :-) it would just be a blob along the edge of the cut and cleverly displayed to make it look full!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably how the pimento cheese we eat in the Southern US came to be. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.