Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Vouchers

 
Money Spent Today - £3.39  Vouchers Spent - £5   
Money Spent in Total - £4.89    Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Money left in purse  - £17.11
 
I went out with the intention of buying some fresh foods.  I was seriously craving an Iceberg Lettuce of all things, instead of emptying my purse I decided to go to M&S as I had £15 in vouchers that I could spend there.


 
In some ways I did pretty well, I managed to get lots of lovely fresh foods, including some bread to put in the freezer, my home baking and wanting to eat sliced bread straight from the freezer is out of sync and I thought this would give me chance to get ahead.
 
I treated myself to a tub of Cheesy Coleslaw, and managed to get a pack of potatoes reduced to 90p, they should plug the hole when my last four potatoes pre-Christmas potatoes get used up.  For some reason in my head this little lot came to a smidge over £10, I can't have been doing my sums properly because ...
 
 
... as you can see (if you click on this picture of the receipt) it only came to £8.39 :-/
 
So I could only spend one of my £5 (they don't give change from vouchers) vouchers meaning that I had to top up the difference out of my purse, another £3.39 gone then.  I really must concentrate more next time
 
I was also a bit annoyed with myself when I got home and I realised I had all the making for Cheesy Coleslaw in my shopping and in the fridge!!    
 
   Sue xx                                                                                                                                                                                            
                                                                                                                                         

1 comment:

  1. you did very well in my opinion. What do you do for fresh milk?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.