Saturday, 4 January 2014

Starting the Challenge

 
The Challenge started officially on the 1st January, but due to the internet problems I couldn't actually get anything on here, the two pages that were available to read yesterday were done weeks ago as I chewed over the rules I would set myself and various aspects of the Challenge after opening the Sealed Pot in December.
 
I was amazed to find the total contained in there was £371.27, and the amount got me thinking,!
 
 This is how I have divided it up.   The picture above shows the £365, one pound for every day of the year ahead.

 
Then there is £5 for a 'special purchase', to be honest I'm not sure what this will be but it gives me the chance to stock a gap in what I have, to snap up a bargain or simply to have a treat when the going gets tough.  I am giving myself leeway to spend it all at once or as and when, but it will remain separate from the £1 per day and can be used anytime.

 
The oddments over from this ... the £1.27, went straight back into the new Sealed Pot, the old one was accidently broken just before moving :-(

 
So the money has been divided and the Challenge is on.
 
Sue xx

7 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to you doing this as I am going to nick every bit of advice you give. Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you manage to mend the old sealed 'bread' pot? Or are you using something else this year?

    Very much looking forward to the updates about this challenge. I'm sure I'm going to learn loads.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no mending possible, did you see the photos on the Blog, smashed to smithereens, I have a very boring (in comparison) tin now that has been called into action instead.

      Delete
  3. Love this challenge - will be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you well and am now a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a tough challenge! I'm looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough but interesting challenge ... wishing you every success with it. Looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.