Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Pizza and Wine

 
Day 28
 
Money Spent Today - £0  Vouchers Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £9.96    Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Money left in purse  - £18.04

Fingers crossed at the minute the computer is working so I'm making the most of it.
 
After making and bottling the Tomato and Roasted Veg Sauce there was a small amount left over.  I popped it into the fridge in a covered bowl and waited for inspiration to strike ... and strike it did two nights later.  I had had a late breakfast followed by a late lunch and simply wasn't hungry at teatime, so I didn't have anything.  Later on realising that I would most like get hungry just before bedtime (and I hate eating then) I decided to make myself something tasty but small.
 
This little homemade pizza fitted the bill perfectly.  Simply a slice of homemade bread briefly toasted in the toaster and then spread with the tomato sauce from the bowl, I was going to top it with a small handful of grated cheese straight from the freezer but then I spied a solitary cheese slice in the fridge so I cut it into tiny little squares and then scattered them over as though they were grated cheese.
 
There was a quarter bottle of lovely white wine in the fridge too ..... so it seemed a shame to leave it there all lonely in the door with only water for company  :-)
 
A lovely little mid evening snack and it was soooo tasty!!
 
Sue xx

7 comments:

  1. Pizza and wine are always a delicous combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit Sue that I am totally in awe of your ability to spend so little. Keep up the good work as this blog makes such good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one who ate 'late' and I too find that I am not that hungry by the evening. The pizza slice looks lovely, especially with a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious. I managed to get some yellow sticker crusty ciabatta rolls that would be perfect for little pizza's thank you for the idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only one who made pizza this way. Since we homeschool I always have at least two home for lunch. A good slice of homemade bread (we have to have gluten free) with some pizza toppings makes a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. never thought of making pizza with a slice of bread, good idea......

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.